Welcome to our resources page; help is always available. Our members and staff have worked together to provide a list of helpful resources to help those in crisis or difficult situations. We invite you to explore this page and contact us if you find information that is outdated or incorrect. Thank you.
If you are in need of immediate medical assistance, please dial 911.
- Remain calm and be patient.
- Know your location at all times and be prepared to give it.
- Speak clearly.
- Let the 911 dispatcher guide the conversation; they are trained and willing to help you.
- Follow directions closely.
24/7 Crisis Intervention Help Lines
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
- English: 1-800-273-8255 (Veterans press line 1)
- Spanish: 1-888-628-9454
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Intervention Line Houston
- English: 713-463-5463
- Spanish: 713-526-8088
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 713-970-7520
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Helpline: 800-656-4673
- Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance Helpline: 713-970-7000
- Cutting/Self Injury Helpline: 800-366-8288
- HPD Mental Health Unit: 713-970-4664
- Alliance for Multicultural Community Services: 6440 Hillcroft Ave., Ste. 411 Houston, TX 77081 : 713-776-4700
- Christian Community Service Center: 3230 Mercer St., Houston, TX 77027 : 713-961-3993
- Houston Food Bank: Multiple Locations : 832-239-9390
- Interfaith Ministries for Houston: 3303 Main St., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-533-4900
- Loaves & Fishes Soup Kitchen: 2009 Congress Ave., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-224-1373
- Food Pantry Directory
- Denver Harbor Family Clinic: 424 Hahlo St., Houston, TX 77020 : 713-674-3326
- Legacy Community Health Services: 1415 California St., Houston, TX 77006 : 832-548-5000
- DeBakey VA Medical Center (Veterans): 2002 Holcombe Blvd., 77030 : 713-791-1414
- San Jose Clinic: 2615 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-228-9411
- SEARCH: HHH Medical & Dental Clinics: 1934 Caroline St., Houston, TX 77002
- Dental: 713-286-6140
- Medical: 713-286-6000
- The Rose (Low Cost Mammography): 12700 N Featherwood Dr., #260, Houston, TX 77034 : 281-484-4708
ShelteRS & Transitional Housing
- Chimney Rock Center: 713-295-2600
- Covenant House: 1111 Lovett Blvd., Houston, TX 77006 : 713-523-2231
- Crisis Residential Unit: 713-970-7433 or 713-970-7412
- Houston Center for Independent Living: 6201 Bonhomme Rd, Houston, TX 77036 : 713-974-4621
- Houston Coalition for the Homeless: 2000 Crawford St., Suite 700 Houston, TX 77002 : 713-739-7514
- SEARCH: 2015 Congress Ave., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-739-7752
- Star of Hope: 6897 Ardmore, Houston, TX 77054 : 713-748-0700
- Fair & Affordable Housing Resources
- Operation Access Bus
- Greenlink Buses
- Free bus rides around the Downtown area
- There are two routes for this service: Green Route (Weekdays) & Orange Route (Evenings & Weekends)
- Information on Greenlink Bus
Medicaid & Medicare Appointment Transportation: 1-855-687-4786
- Gulf Coast Community Service Association: 9320 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX 77054 : 713-974-4621
- Harris Health System (Gold Card Services): 713-873-3939
- MHMRA Helpline: 713-970-7000 or 1-866-970-4770
- Operation ID (Help obtaining an ID): 5100 Travis St., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-620-6476
- The Salvation Army: 1500 Austin St., Houston, TX 77002 : 713-752-0677
Click the buttons below to download Houston-area resource guides.
- Make a plan: Figure out what you need and research which services are available to you and where they are located.
- Find a ride: You can quickly find public transit, driving and walking directions by using google maps.
- Take a friend: Take someone with you that you trust for support and safety.
- Start early: When it comes to getting assistance, lines fill up quickly and "first come, first served"is often in effect.
- Keep track: Organize and secure your documents and identification. These will be very important in getting help.
- Be patient: Getting all of the help you need can be a challenge and will take time.
- Don't give up: Stay hopeful and keep trying if you fall behind. You will get to where you want to be.